ARM Fundamentals: Introduction to understanding ARM processors - ARM Community

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Nov 4 21:18:59 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 02:11:30PM -0700, Jonathan "Duke" Leto wrote:

> Thanks for the good advice, Nick. I recently saw a shiny new ARM v7 netbook

I wouldn't be confident that it's good advice until it's actually turned out
to be useful :-)

> being wielded at a conference. Does anybody on this list have an ARM netbook? I
> would love to know some more details. I have vague memories of lucian++ talking
> about an ARM netbook recently, but I may be wrong.

There kept being talk about them "coming soon" from various manufacturers,
but they never seemed to take off and actually be for sale. I guess that
tablets canibalised the netbook market.

On the other hand, I am wanting one of these: http://www.raspberrypi.org/

700MHz ARM11 - $35 for the B model, with Ethernet and more RAM.

(although I think that that price doesn't include any media for the OS)

Nicholas Clark