green_threads

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:25:37 UTC 2011

I pushed a copy of this work to the "green_threads" branch at
parrot/parrot on github. I'm running some tests now and it appears
stable. I would really appreciate some additional testing on the
current version, as well as timings. With recent fixes it should have
performance similar to master for all single-task workloads.

I would also like to get some improved test coverage, but since this
is an experimental feature I don't think super-duper coverage is a
requirement at this point for a merge, especially if we start getting
feedback that some parts of the interface or behavior need to be
changed to suit needs of Rakudo et al.

I'm planning to try and pursue a merge shortly after the release, if
no major problems are identified beforehand.

--Andrew Whitworth