Looking for something to hack on?

Andy Dougherty doughera at lafayette.edu
Wed Oct 19 18:50:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011, Andrew Whitworth wrote:

> Exactly the opposite. I think moving to use the github bug tracker will
> have a positive effect on usability. This is especially true when you
> consider that our trac installation is currently closed to ticket
> creation from new users because of spam problems.

Actually, that's not true.  You don't need a Trac account to create or
respond to tickets.  In the very first section of docs/submissions.pod,
under "How to Submit a Bug Report", it describes how to use email to
create a bug report.  No Trac account is required.

(Of course, whether or not that feature makes a makes enough of a
difference to matter is a rather different question.)

    Andy Dougherty		doughera at lafayette.edu