Migrating to Github Issues

Jonathan "Duke" Leto jonathan at leto.net
Fri Oct 21 04:10:44 UTC 2011

Howdy,

Thanks for taking the helm on this Andy!

I think many people have cleaned out many tickets, but I still see Trac tickets
closing. I know that I have not had enough time to go through all of mine yet.

I will do my best but I will be at 2 confs in the next 5 days (GSoC
Mentor Summit and Git Together 2011) so I won't have many tuits in the
next week.

Do you think you can start prototyping a solution for an automatic migration? I
am thinking of something that you can actually test on a throwaway repo on
Github, so you can try to, for example, convert 10 Trac tickets to Issues and
see how the conversion works.

If it takes another 2 weeks to get a conversion script perfected, that should
be enough time for people to finish closing Trac tickets.

One additional complication is that some TT's would be better placed in repos
other than parrot.git (such as parrot-embed.git), but we can nuke that
bridge when
we come to it.

Again, thanks Andy!

Duke