Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 13 tests but ran 14.

Moritz Lenz moritz at faui2k3.org
Fri Oct 21 08:24:18 UTC 2011

Hello,

Am 21.10.2011 07:15, schrieb Alvis Yardley:
> I got the following on 'make test' and 'make fulltest':
>
> Test Summary Report
> -------------------
> t/dynpmc/select.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 14 Failed: 1)
> Failed test: 14
> TODO passed: 14
> Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 13 tests but ran 14.
> Files=392, Tests=13992, 280 wallclock secs ( 3.87 usr 0.99 sys + 140.36
> cusr 35.91 csys = 181.13 CPU)
> Result: FAIL
> make: *** [test_core] Error 1
>
> The smolder report is at, http://smolder.parrot.org/app/projects/feed/1

Thanks for the report. I see that issue has since been fixed in
https://github.com/parrot/parrot/commit/6c60de10f5e1d28ed681160850128ba4ff986aa7

> I suspect everything is fine to 'make install', correct?

Indeed, it was an error in the test and not in the implementation that
caused the failure.

> P.S. I am trying to make sense of the "14"th test which "unexpectedly
> succeeded", but ....

The test seems to fail on windows, which is why it as marked TODO. It
might make more sense to make the TODO marker platform dependent.

Cheers,
Moritz