Parrot is a foundering project on top of a wonderful vision.

Jimmy Zhuo jimmy.zhuo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 02:19:26 UTC 2011

I agree with cotto, I don't even think parrot needs a deprecation
policy right now since parrot is not stable enough. And I don't think
parrot should keep lua/partcl working on parrot any new release. Why?
Almost nobody is developing them, almost nobody is keeping use these
project, even as a play toy. So why parrot is so afraid to break them?
and then what parrot's goal? In my opinion, I think it should be
making rakudo better on parrot, keeping winxed working, and then
making parrot better for other languages. If parrot can't, rakudo will
be ported to other VMs eventually, and parrot will have no users, and
can't attract new developers participating in project. And some
developers still keeps paying close attention to parrot, but never
join in. Parrot loves improvement, but it's too conservative, and it's
not at right point to keep some conservativeness. What worst is, if
parrot can't support rakudo well enough, which is the core user of
parrot, how can parrot well support other languages too? I'm sorry if
the wording is discourteous. :)