Parrot is a foundering project on top of a wonderful vision.

Moritz Lenz moritz at faui2k3.org
Tue Sep 6 05:44:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 09/06/2011 04:19 AM, Jimmy Zhuo wrote:
> I agree with cotto, I don't even think parrot needs a deprecation
> policy right now since parrot is not stable enough.

maybe we need one, but it should be much looser than the current one.
Something like "Don't break stuff that HLLs use, unless you provide and
document an alternative".

Or maybe it should read "be nice to HLLs".

Whatever it turns out to be, it should emphasize that parrot does have
users right now, and that parrot developers should care about its users
-- it's just that "care about users" doesn't necessarily mean preserving
APIs as the current deprecation policy requires.

Cheers,
Moritz