is_pmc_ptr

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:45:34 UTC 2011

I've just merged the branch and the fixes from not_gerd into master.
Improvements like the binary search of arenas is a good idea, but is
only incremental. It's not going to blow the benchmarks out of the
water to replace it with a binary search at this point.

As plobsing pointed out on IRC (several times), the real fix is to
move away from stack walking and make a proper, precise GC. I'm not
sure if such a thing will be possible before M0, but there are real
wins to be had if we can do it. If anybody has any ideas regarding
that journey, I would be very interested to hear them.

Thanks,

--Andrew Whitworth