Parrot is a foundering project on top of a wonderful vision.

Ryan Voots simcop2387 at simcop2387.info
Wed Sep 7 22:51:53 UTC 2011

On 09/07/2011 04:52 PM, Moritz Lenz wrote:
>> That being said, the way we store structured deprecation data in
>> api.yaml [4] will
>> become even more vital.
> I'm curious, is there a plan how exactly a HLL dev could profit from
> that data? (sorry for getting a bit off-topic here)

Long time lurker, potential HLL developer eventually.  I believe the
idea is that giving it in a structured format is that it would allow an
HLL to do some build-time/static analysis on their code base to find out
if they're using any of the deprecated API.  It could even be used by
NQP or the like to warn about it when building also.

Ryan Voots