Parrot is a foundering project on top of a wonderful vision.

Jimmy Zhuo jimmy.zhuo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 04:18:13 UTC 2011

On Sep 8, 3:46 am, "Jonathan \"Duke\" Leto" <jonat... at leto.net> wrote:
> Parrot needs to assume that Rakudo will port themselves to another VM or write
> their own. They are actively researching this option, and I don't think Parrot
> can afford to tie our future to Rakudo always being our biggest and most
> influential user. The needs of Parrot have been holding back Rakudo and the
> needs of Rakudo have been holding back Parrot.
>
> Parrot needs to distance itself from Perl 6 if we are ever going to interest
> the large majority of people that are interested in what Parrot has to offer.
> Most people in the sphere of VMs do not care about Perl 6.

I don't think so. It's a ecosystem, some trivial species may be
extinct. But, please be concerned with core species, please don't
exterminate them. I don't think it's a good idea to exterminate a core
specie for keeping some trivial species. Parrot is the foundation of
the ecosystem, what her point of existence is concerned with species,
not to distance herself from the ecosystem, not to distance herself
from the core species, not to stand high above the masses. :)