Parrot is a foundering project on top of a wonderful vision.

Jonathan "Duke" Leto jonathan at leto.net
Thu Sep 8 06:11:58 UTC 2011

Howdy,

>> Parrot needs to distance itself from Perl 6 if we are ever going to interest

> I don't think so. It's a ecosystem, some trivial species may be
> extinct. But, please be concerned with core species, please don't
> exterminate them. I don't think it's a good idea to exterminate a core
> specie for keeping some trivial species. Parrot is the foundation of
> the ecosystem, what her point of existence is concerned with species,
> not to distance herself from the ecosystem, not to distance herself
> from the core species, not to stand high above the masses. :)

The word "distancing" is imprecise. I am refactoring to "disentangling".

I don't believe in trivial species. There are extinct species and there are
"aliving" species. Which living species would you call trivial? I can't think
of any. Also, no one has mentioned extermination.

In short, I think Parrot needs a shiny product that isn't Rakudo Perl 6 if it
wants to continue aliving and stay relevant. This is orthogonal but related to
Rakuo Perl 6 shipping an awesome, fast, spec-conforming implementation
of Perl 6.

Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jonathan at leto.net>
Leto Labs LLC
209.691.DUKE // http://labs.leto.net
NOTE: Personal email is only checked twice a day at 10am/2pm PST,
please call/text for time-sensitive matters.