PyPy plans to support Python 3

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:59:41 UTC 2011

Quora are an example of a company that have switched to pypy-c almost
entirely. My company's own app is much faster on pypy-c. It's really, really
fast for most things.

PyPy is a general framework for generating vms from interpreters written in
(R)Python. The gc and jit are added during the translation, so one could
write a Perl6 interpreter in RPython and PyPy would generate a jit-enabled
vm from it. The jit could optionally be sped up with some hints in the
interpreter's code.

There are several papers on how it works, and other docs too. Folks in #pypy
are friendly.