3.8.0 Release Preparations

Kevin Polulak kpolulak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 02:38:41 UTC 2011

As you are probably aware, this months' release is coming next Tuesday on
the 27th. That means submit tests to Smolder, work on tickets, merge any
(non-critical) branches or pull requests, blah blah blah. You know the
drill. If you do encounter any test failures, make some noise here on
parrot-dev and on #parrot. If they're on a branch, keep it there. Do not
merge until it's resolved (although that rule is always in effect).

I'm marking this Saturday night, the 17th (Constitution Day for us Yankees),
as the start of the freeze on master. That means *do not* merge any
branches; regardless of the status of their tests. After this Saturday, keep
all work on a branch or GitHub fork. If you do, I will send a frowney face
:( to you.

If you're looking for something to do, try closing a few Trac tickets. I'm
not going to designate a certain number of tickets we must be under before
the release since we never reach it anyway. Just try to do your best.

--
- Kevin Polulak (soh_cah_toa)