3.8.0 Release Preparations

NotFound julian.notfound at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:46:38 UTC 2011

> Thanks for that report, Matt. I saw a very similar error when I tried
> to remove the threading subsystem entirely in a branch. I saw the same
> failures as you are seeing, but not initially. This suggests to me
> that some recent modifications and cleanups in the Timer PMC and
> elsewhere might have created an unintentional dependency on some of
> the threading code.

The problem was a recently added test that was not being skipped when
no threads like the other similar tests in t/pmc/timer.t

I've located the problem that makes them fail if no threads in the
scheduler sleep function and is easily fixable, but there is no time
to extensively test the fix before the release, so I've just skipped
that test.

--
Salu2