3.8.0 Release Preparations

Kevin Polulak kpolulak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 04:16:41 UTC 2011

Alright, it is officially Tuesday (EST). That means NO MORE COMMITS TO
MASTER! Nothing! Nada!

For the most part, we are passing all tests on several platforms using at
least gcc, g++, or clang with the exception of OpenSolaris. I forgot I had
that VM and decided to run a few tests at the last minute only to discover
that t/dynoplibs/trans-infan.t, t/dynoplibs/trans-old.t, and
t/dynpmc/select.t do not pass. There's nothing that can be done now though.
I seriously doubt that there is even one Parrot-user running OpenSolaris
anyway so fixing these tests post-3.8.0 is not a big deal.

I will begin the release process tomorrow around #ps time. I will be about a
half hour late again because of class though. I'm bound to run into some
kind of problem even if it's just a minor issue so if you can, try and hang
out on #parrot tomorrow so I can annoy you. ;)

--
- Kevin Polulak (soh_cah_toa)