3.8.0 Release Preparations

Matthew Boyle mlb-parrot at corefiling.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 17:38:10 UTC 2011

On 19/09/11 20:46, NotFound wrote:
>> Thanks for that report, Matt. I saw a very similar error when I tried
>> to remove the threading subsystem entirely in a branch. I saw the same
>> failures as you are seeing, but not initially. This suggests to me
>> that some recent modifications and cleanups in the Timer PMC and
>> elsewhere might have created an unintentional dependency on some of
>> the threading code.
>
> The problem was a recently added test that was not being skipped when
> no threads like the other similar tests in t/pmc/timer.t
>
> I've located the problem that makes them fail if no threads in the
> scheduler sleep function and is easily fixable, but there is no time
> to extensively test the fix before the release, so I've just skipped
> that test.

great job!  and i'm now glad i didn't expend much time investigating the
failure, since i'd never have thought that was the problem :-)

all tests are now passing with flying colours (on Fedora 14, amd64).

thanks!

--matt

--
Matthew Boyle, Systems Administrator, CoreFiling Limited
Telephone: +44-1865-203192  Website: http://www.corefiling.com