nqp broken -- missing get_pointer().

Brian Gernhardt benji at silverinsanity.com
Wed Sep 21 20:14:26 UTC 2011

On Sep 21, 2011, at 4:08 PM, Andy Dougherty wrote:

> It appears that parrot/master no longer builds nqp/master.  Here are
> the relevant error messages from an attempt to build nqp:

parrot just merged the beginnings of a branch intended to clean up our default VTABLES.  This has the unfortunate effect of breaking NQP.  The needed fixes are contained in nqp/kill-useless-defaults.

I thought I saw discussion of cutting a release for NQP/Rakudo soon.  I would expect kill-useless-defaults to go in sometime after that, but I'm not the one making that decision.  For the near future, I suggest using Parrot 3.8 or the kill-useless-defaults branch in NQP.

~~ Brian