Build error after complicated merge

Peter Lobsinger plobsing at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 00:38:34 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Stefan Seifert <nine at detonation.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to pick up Chandler's threading work in the gsoc_threads branch.
> First step would be to bring it up to date wrt current master (pre
> kill_threads to be precise). I branched green_threads off gsoc_threads and
> merged master into it. Cleaned up all conflicts and tried to build but the
> build fails with the attached message.
>
> Since the thread adds new ops, I tried to make bootstrap-ops but this needs a
> working parrot. So I built again from master, checked out green_threads and
> modified the makefile to not rebuild ops2c for bootstrap-ops. With that I got
> bootstrap-ops to rebuild core_ops.c ops.h and opsenum.h before failing. But
> even with that I get the same error.

The attached error log makes me suspect that a PBC file is being run
by a parrot with an incompatible opset (the op at the reported error
line (root_new) will not call the missing vtable, nor will any op
close to that op in the file, but one very close in the ops table
(set_attribute) will).

I would suggest you build master fully, checkout the branch and call
'./opsc --core', followed by a 'make realclean' before reconfiguring
and rebuilding. This is how I bootstrap ops, since I have little to no
faith that our makefile will rebuild dependencies appropriately (which
appears to not be happening).