whiteknight/io_cleanup1 branch ready for testing

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Tue Aug 14 21:09:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 8:01 PM, James E Keenan <jkeen at verizon.net> wrote:
> On 6/25/12 6:27 PM, James E Keenan wrote:
>>
>> On 6/24/12 12:29 PM, Andrew Whitworth wrote:
>>>
>>> The whiteknight/io_cleanup1 branch is ready for testing and
>>> benchmarking. Help is appreciated.
>>>

>> As previously pasted, as of this morning 'make' did not complete
>> successfully in this branch with --cc, --link and --ld all set to g++.
>

> On linux/i386, in the io_cleanup1 branch 'make' built successfully with all
> gcc -- but is still failing tests 14 and 28 in t/pmc/filehandle.t -- even
> though (as reported in separate post) 'make test' is PASSing on Darwin/i386.
>
> http://smolder.parrot.org/app/projects/report_details/30272

I believe io_cleanup1 is now ready to be merged into master.
There were some problems with /tmp as a swap filesystem and
interestings semantics outlined in https://github.com/parrot/parrot/issues/811
but this was an test artefact and is now resolved.

If I remember moritz also gave his okay for rakudo already.
--
Reini Urban
http://cpanel.net/   http://www.perl-compiler.org/