Practical suggestions for improving software quality

Martin D Kealey martin at kurahaupo.gen.nz
Thu Dec 6 02:06:57 UTC 2012

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012, Reini Urban wrote:
> But there are nice other ideas, like printing more environmental stuff,
> client info (argv), env values, register values,/proc/pid/maps
> we could add to our backtrace or some kind of parrot crash log.

What about dumping branch-predictor & code-coverage stats from the JIT
compiler? (I have to admit I've not been following along closely enough to
know where Parrot is up to with implementing JIT, but even if we're not yet
generating native code, collecting branch stats would still be useful for
debugging after the fact.)

-Martin