Upcoming Release 4.1.0

Jonathan "Duke" Leto jonathan at leto.net
Sat Feb 11 02:35:04 UTC 2012

Howdy,

One at least some environments with LLVM/clang, Parrot fails
(horribly) to compile:

http://travis-ci.org/#!/parrot/parrot/jobs/656086

Can anybody give some love to this? I can't reproduce it on my
machine, but I haven't tried the exact OS and LLVM version that Travis
uses.

Travis is controlled by this file:

https://github.com/parrot/parrot/blob/master/.travis.yml

I know I haven't explained it much. Ask questions and I shall answer :)

Duke

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Alvis Yardley <ac.yardley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I am the release manager for the 4.1.0 release of Parrot, which will, if
> everything goes smoothly, take place on Feb 21, 2012.  Because this is the
> firt time I've ever attempted a release, I thought I would _try_ to follow the
> guidelines set out in 'docs/project/release_manager_guide.pod'.
>
> The guide states, "[a] couple of weeks in advance of the release, ask people
> to run "make fulltest" and report (and hopefully fix!) any problems they
> discover." So, I'm asking folks to "run 'make fulltest'" and "report (and
> hopefully fix!) any problems ... [you] discover."
>
> The guide also states I should ask folks "to review any issues targeted for
> the upcoming release at <https://github.com/parrot/parrot/issues>." So, are
> there any of which anyone is aware and of which I should be made aware?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Alvis
>
> P.S. I will also contact the Rakudo "language project leaders" to see if there
> are "any potential release blockers."

Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jonathan at leto.net>
Leto Labs LLC
209.691.DUKE // http://labs.leto.net
NOTE: Personal email is only checked twice a day at 10am/2pm PST,
please call/text for time-sensitive matters.