Merge of ayardley/upd_copyrights

Alvis Yardley ac.yardley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:31:03 UTC 2012

Hello:

I would like to merge 'ayardley/upd_copyrights' if there are no
objections.

The branch adds 'tools/dev/upd_copyrights.pl', a script to update
all of the copyright notices throughout the repo.[1] It also updates the
copyright notices of most, again, with a handful of exceptions, of the files
throughout the repo.

For example, it updates copyright notices like the following from,

Copyright (C) 2001-2011, Parrot Foundation.

to,

Copyright (C) 2001-2012, Parrot Foundation.

bringing them up to date, i.e., to the current year.[2]

While it, of course, passes 'make fulltest', I am a'bit nervous about this
repo-wide merge and, so, am asking folks to give it a'look-see and let me know
what they think. Whether it is acceptable or not.

Thank you.

--
Alvis

[1] Well, except for a handful of files, which I except for, I think, good
reason.

[2] The reason for this is, while The Parrot Foundation's copyright, of
course, extends up through to the present year, the notices "ought", imo,
reflect this fact. That is to say, the copyright notice "ought" to assert the
Foundation's copyright up through to the current year.