4.6 prep next week, Re: whiteknight/io_cleanup1 branch ready for testing

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Thu Jul 12 15:05:55 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 3:59 AM, Moritz Lenz <moritz at faui2k3.org> wrote:
> Finally there are two failing tests in t/spec/S16-filehandles/io.t.
> The cause here seems to be that $IO.read_bytes($n) reads $n bytes no matter
> what, even beyond the end of the file:
> (Rakudo's IO.read calls the read_bytes method from parrots file handle)
> So it gives me the 10 bytes I asked for, even though it should have stopped
> after 3 bytes.
>
> Once the latter two regressions (readline separator and reading past the end
> of the file) are fixed, I'm happy to have the branch merged.

whiteknight: Is this doable this week?

I think we have to skip threads for the 4.6 release next week, but io_cleanup1
should be done IMHO. moritz seems to be happy with it.

Could you all please review any issues targeted for the upcoming
release at https://github.com/parrot/parrot/issues.

Esp.
#795 no GC triggered with lots of ResizablePMCArrays,
#766 ResizablePMCArray splice heap-buffer-overflow
I smell a simple off-by-one.
--
Reini Urban
http://cpanel.net/   http://www.perl-compiler.org/