[Pkg-parrot-devel] Parrot 4.3.0 build failure on ia64

Alessandro Ghedini al3xbio at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:22:05 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:45:29PM +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 June 2012 12:35:14 Alessandro Ghedini wrote:
> > > This is my current hunch. If you can provide the full output of
> > > "parrot_config --dump" on the porterbox, that may be able to tell us
> > > what we need to know to fix this.
> >
> > Well, the ia64 porterbox has sysctl, and that may explain why I wasn't able
> > to reproduce it. But it still sounds quite weird...
>
> Another thing to try is to replace the call to sysctl with 'uname -r'.
>
> It does give the same information. uname is part of coreutils package which is
> of 'required' priority so it should be present in buildd chroots.
>
> Unless you object, I'll try that this afternoon.

No objections from me. I just realised I didn't push the last parrot uploads to
git, which I have just done. So if you haven't done so yet, you can get the
latest package from here [0].

Also, sorry for not being much active lately, but I'm in the middle of a pretty
busy period university-wise.

Cheers

[0] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-parrot/parrot.git;a=summary

--