Build failure on NetBSD at RELEASE_4_5_0-16-g5cba8ae

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Wed Jul 18 04:12:31 UTC 2012

On 7/17/12 3:11 PM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> It looks like Parrot_get_cpu_type is only defined in
> src/platform/generic/misc.c and src/platform/win32/misc.c but not
> src/platform/netbsd/misc.c .
>
> Not sure if that is the issue, but it seems likely.

Especially since we haven't had a Smolder report on NetBSD since March
27! :-(      http://smolder.parrot.org/app/projects/smoke_reports/1

Some of our other Smolder categories are similarly decrepit:

(linux) ia64: none since Feb 18
(linux) llvm-gcc 4.5: none since Oct 15 2011
sparc32: none since Feb 26
sparc64: none since Feb 27
etc.

Andy:  What happens if you try the monkey-patch attached (directly
copied from src/platform/generic/misc.c; utterly untested as I have no
access to NetBSD)?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan