threads branch: t/src/embed.c fails on Darwin/i386

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Tue Jul 24 23:41:19 UTC 2012

Today I had occasion to test Parrot on a Darwin/i386 box where no Parrot
has ever been installed.  Note that this is different from the
Darwin/PPC box on which I usually report.  On this machine, I simply
used: 'perl Configure.pl' -- i.e., no '--link=g++ --ld=g++'.

The 'master' and 'whiteknight/io_cleanup1' branches passed all tests.

The 'threads' branch, however, failed most tests in a file where the
other two branches passed completely.  See attachment.

The most frequently seen error message was:

# dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libparrot.dylib
#   Referenced from: /Users/jkeenan/gitwork/parrot/./t/src/extend_1
#   Reason: image not found

Now, I know we've seen this on Darwin before, albeit intermittently.
But if I got this failure in one branch, I would have expected it in all
three branches which I tested.

Thank you very much.
jimk