t/pmc/nci.t still hangs on the threads branch on darwin/ppc

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Thu Jul 26 02:20:50 UTC 2012

On 7/21/12 6:15 AM, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> On Friday 20 July 2012 14:05:48 Jonathan Duke Leto wrote:
>
>> I dusted off my darwin/ppc box and the latest commit on the threads
>> branch still hangs on t/pmc/nci.t .
>>
>> If anybody has any ideas/patches that they would like me to try,
>> please let me know.
>
> Can you please try the attached patch? It just increases the timeouts in some
> tests. The original uses 10ms sleeps which is very little considering that for
> example Windows gives us only 100ms resolution timers. If this doesn't help,
> it's probably a problem with the timer thread.

Unfortunately, in the threads branch this file hangs -- though the test
it hangs on may differ from run to run.

Below:  the file hangs at test 37.

$ prove -v t/pmc/nci.t
t/pmc/nci.t ..
1..60
ok 1 - load library fails
ok 2 - dlfunc on undef
ok 3 - dlfunc function not found
ok 4 - dlfunc function is defined
ok 5 - dlfunc function pointer
ok 6 - nci_c - return a char in an INTEGER register
ok 7 - nci_d and nci_dlvar_double
ok 8 - nci_f and nci_dlvar_float
ok 9 - nci_l - return a long in an INTEGER register
ok 10 - nci_p - return a pointer to int
ok 11 - nci_s - return a short in an INTEGER register
ok 12 - nci_v and nci_dlvar_int
ok 13 - nci_dd - PASM
ok 14 - nci_dd - PIR
ok 15 - get_string()
ok 16 - nci_fff
ok 17 - nci_isc
ok 18 - nci_ssc
ok 19 - nci_csc
ok 20 - nci_dd - stress test
ok 21 - nci_dd - clone
ok 22 - nci_iiii
ok 23 - nci_pi - struct with ints
ok 24 - nci_pi - struct with floats
ok 25 - nci_pi - align
ok 26 - nci_pi - char*
ok 27 - nci_pi - nested struct *
ok 28 - nci_pi - nested struct * w named access
ok 29 - nci_pi - func_ptr* with signature
ok 30 - nci_pi - nested struct aligned
ok 31 - nci_pi - nested struct unaligned
ok 32 - nci_pi - nested, unaligned, named
ok 33 - nci_pi - int
ok 34 - nci_ip
ok 35 - nci_pi - null
not ok 36 - nci_vP # TODO Disabled to avoid linkage problems, see
src/nci_test.c

#   Failed (TODO) test 'nci_vP'
#   at t/pmc/nci.t line 1292.
#          got: 'got null
# got null
# '
#     expected: 'ok
# got null
# '

But on the next run, I got through test 37, only to experience a hang on
test 38:

ok 37 - nci_cb_C1 - PASM

And on the third run, I got through both 37 and 38, only to hang on 39:

ok 37 - nci_cb_C1 - PASM
ok 38 - nci_cb_C1 - PIR

But on the fourth run, I was back to hanging on 37.

jimk