parrot-dev Digest, Vol 46, Issue 1

Moritz Lenz moritz at faui2k3.org
Sat Jun 2 17:09:29 UTC 2012

On 06/02/2012 06:48 PM, Bart Wiegmans wrote:
> The second is that it turns out the symbols for apache are available
> at runtime, i.e. I can (could) use NCI to call apache functions
> directly. This works to a point, because NCI will not call anything
> with even slightly complex arguments (for instance, 2 PMCs together
> with void result, does not work.). The error is 'No NCI thunk for
> signature'. I would be much helped if somebody could explain why it
> doesn't, and if there is a way to fix this.

I think that parrot's NCI functionality is much enhanced if you have
libffi installed. If you have, and re-run parrot's Configure.pl, it
should say

auto::libffi -        Is libffi

If that doesn't work for you, you could use nqp, which bundles 'dyncall'
(which also happens to compile on Windows much easier than libffi).

Cheers,
Moritz