The upcoming June 19, 2012 release

Jonathan "Duke" Leto jonathan at leto.net
Mon Jun 4 04:57:38 UTC 2012

Howdy,

I know this is a non-code related "goal", but I am going to suggest this:

We get the occasional IRC visitor asking about information that has
somehow gotten
to parrotblog.org instead of parrot.org documentation when doing a
search. For instance,
searching for "parrot parser" on Google shows a parrotblog.org link
higher than a parrot.org
link. Thankfully, DuckDuckGo.com knows better and shows parrot.org
higher on the same
search, but few people know the delight of using DDG and are still
stuck with the Google Filter.

For every IRC visitor that asks us on IRC where the new docs are
located, there are probably
10 that give up and start learning about Java. (The horror!)

What can we do to make this situation better for the June 19th release?

1) Remove/redirect/nuke from space parrotblog.org
2) Improve the search-friendliness of parrot.github.com and parrot.org
3) ?

Duke

Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jonathan at leto.net>
Leto Labs LLC http://labs.leto.net