[M0] no read functionality in M0 interp

kjstol parrotcode at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:22:36 UTC 2012

hi,

M1 is coming along very nicely, it has various features that allows
one to write functional programs.

Missing however is a way to get user input. the print_* instructions
allow to write output; i suspect these ops can go at some point and be
replaced by library functions. Once we get function calls working (in
M1) we can investigate that.

However, in order to write really useful programs, we need some scanf
functionality. Is it possible to add 3 ops:

scan_i
scan_n
scan_s

that read an int, a double and a string, respectively?
Can also name them read_*, I don't mind.

thanks
kjs