[M0] parameter passing

Jonathan "Duke" Leto jonathan at leto.net
Fri Jun 8 17:40:13 UTC 2012

Howdy,

This indeed seems very reasonable, and you are correct: you are
treading on not-fully-specc'ed territory.

Please continue on this path: it will either show us where we need to
improve or where the spec is ambiguous :)

> Likewise, return values can be stored in the *current* frame, just
> before returning. (I think). The caller can then access those values.
> Alternatively, values can be stored in the parent's call frame (PCF),
> but I wonder whether that's reasonable, since the caller's registers
> shouldn't just change.

According to my notes from the last in-person meetup about M0 [1], we decided
that things should be concentrated on the callee-side. That being said, I would
really like to see some references about why that is the best way forward.

Duke

[1] http://leto.net/perl/2011/05/what-is-m0.html

Duke

--