[M0] function calls and M1 status.

kjstol parrotcode at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 13:34:54 UTC 2012

hi there,

The code that M1 spits out for function calls is not correct; it works
only for a single call, but any subsequent calls to either the same or
another function fails. If you put in a print() statement in between,
it usually /does/ work. The generated instructions are based on the
poke_caller test in M0.

I'm not sure why this is, and what I'm missing. The function
invocation code is quite complex, and I don't understand all of it,
which makes it difficult to debug. This is a huge blocker for M1
progress, as the rest of M1 is getting fairly complete (methods dont
work either as they are just functions with special treatment). Help
in this area would be appreciated.

kjs