Switching off travis.

Christoph Otto christoph at mksig.org
Tue Mar 6 08:44:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012, at 20:22, Vasily Chekalkin wrote:
> Hello guys.
>
> Travis is a nice try. But when build failed with message like this:
>
> Executing your script (perl Configure.pl --test=build
> $PARROT_CONFIG_ARGS $PARROT_OPTIMIZE --cc="$CC" --link="$CC"
> --ld="$CC" --ccflags='-g' ; make $PARROT_TEST) took longer than 720
> seconds and was terminated. Consider rewriting your stuff in
> AssemblyScript, we've heard it handles Web Scale™
>
> it's not something than helps. It actually produce mode harm, because
> we have to spread our time (which is _quite_ limited based on number
> of active developers) to investigate it.
>
> So, I suggest we should switch off at least mail notification. And
> preferably irc notifications. It's nothing but spam.
>
> --
> Bacek

Unless Travis plans on getting less noisy later today (and staying that
way), I'm +1 to taking its reports off parrot-dev.  A separate list
would be fine, but its noise is overwhelming the signal here.

The fact that it's snarky about suggesting that we use a different tool
for our build when it's the broken part of the equation doesn't help.

Christoph