GSoC Project

Jashwanth Reddy jswt001 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 01:57:21 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

My name is Jashwanth Reddy ,I am an Engineering student at PES Institute of technology,India in the field of Computer Science.I would be applying to GSoC this year under Parrot orginisation.
My project would be "LAPACK bindings for Parrot-Linear-Algebra" regarding which I have been working for the past week.I have gathered a fair amount of knowledge regarding this project to be able to purpose the community regarding the project.

In the project I would have three phases
Phase1 is to provide an interface to bind LAPACK with Parrot-Linear-Algebra
Phase2 is to implement the following functions which are determinants,Eigen values,Eigen vectors,
decompositions*.
Phase3 is to provide some working examples in the above functions.

I hope the project proposal is good so that the community could support me in Google Summer of Code to start this project. In summer I would try to give my full and finish all the three phases of project
as the current complexity of the language usage is unestimated by me.But I am certain that I will be able to provide the first two phases of the project under any circumstances.
As an example of my programming skills: https://github.com/jashwanth9/ (a miniproject done by me)
I have a lot of interest in the field of Linear algebra which I studied last semester form the book by Gilbert Strang.

* In decompositions I am doing three kind LU-decomposition,QR-factorization,Eigen-decomposition.

Name:Jashwanth Reddy
E-mail:jswt001 at yahoo.com
Irc :jashwanth on  #parrot, #parrotsketch.