threads branch: 'make test' hangs at 't/pmc/task_primes.t'

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Fri Mar 30 07:46:47 UTC 2012

On Thursday 29 March 2012 22:43:54 James E Keenan wrote:
> Tonight I attempted to build and test the Parrot 'threads' branch for
> the first time.  Platform: linux/i386.  I elected to configure with
> '--optimize'.  Build was successful, but 'make test' hung indefinitely
> while running 't/pmc/task_primes.t'.
>
> When I attempt to run that test by itself, this is all I get:
>
> $ prove -v t/pmc/task_primes.t
> t/pmc/task_primes.t ..
> 1..8

t/pmc/task_primes.t does not work yet on threads since it uses task.'send'()
and the receive op which I have not yet fixed.

t/pmc/task.t may fail due to tests out of sequence, since it's not predictable
in which sequence the tasks run.

> ('make test' also failed t/src/checkdepends.t, but that's probably not
> related to this problem and any number of us can fix that.)

This has been fixed on master shortly after I did the last merge. There are a
couple of other codingstd problems, some of which look like they come from
master, some are my failures. Will fix them this evening.

examples/threads contains a couple of example programs. Currently they are the
best place to start from.

Thanks for trying thread!

Stefan