A Pod::Simple module or a Subclass of Pod::Simple to process the '=being PIR ... =end PIR' formats in our *.pod files

Allison Randal allison at parrot.org
Wed May 2 16:39:33 UTC 2012

> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Alvis Yardley <ac.yardley at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know of a module which subclasses Pod::Simple to process '=begin
>> PIR' ... '=end PIR' command paragraphs as pod?

No need for a subclass, this is configurable in Pod::Simple. You need to
call the 'accept_targets' method before you call parse. See more at:

http://search.cpan.org/~dwheeler/Pod-Simple-3.20/lib/Pod/Simple.pod#TERTIARY_METHODS

And an example in the parrot repo at: lib/Parrot/Docs/PodToHtml.pm (line 46)

Allison