[M0] request for feature

kjstol parrotcode at gmail.com
Fri May 25 10:55:16 UTC 2012

hi there,

I'm making nice progress on M1, the C-like language that compiles to M0.
However, I'm missing an essential op in M0, which is a comparison op
like < or >. At least one of them is necessary in order to implement
the <, >, <=, >= operators. the unary minus (-x) also could use it,
but adding a "neg" opcode would be sufficient for that of course.

So, the request is to add at least 1 op to M0, namely either ">" or
"<". (gt, lt). Both is preferable, but if it's essential to keep the
number of ops to a minimum, then 1 is fine. (One could argue that we
could get rid of "mul_i" as that can be implemented by repeatedly
adding... :-)

best regards,
kjs