Breakage in mod_parrot

Bart Wiegmans bartwiegmans at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 08:28:42 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

So as a way of doing something fun in the morning I ran make test on
mod_parrot again. And sure enough, it found a bug. The apache output handle
I wrote doesn't work anymore, because it doesn't have the
get_pointer_indexed_key VTABLE method.

I have a pretty good guess where this comes from, namely, io_cleanup1 was
merged and seems to require this VTABLE method. But is nevertheless a bit
disturbing because the thing seems to ask for a pointer, or maybe hand me a
pointer; I have no idea how to deal with it.

The apache input / output handles are written in pure winxed and simply
call out to C using NCI. They do no buffering to speak of, and most
especially don't manage pointers. In short, I'd like to fix this, but I'm
at loss how.

Kind regards,
Bart