Build failure on Mac OS X 10.4/Intel (libiconv)

Brian Gernhardt benji at silverinsanity.com
Fri Oct 5 00:50:38 UTC 2012

On Oct 4, 2012, at 5:30 PM, Josh Juran <jjuran at gmail.com> wrote:

> The first failure point is that /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/opt doesn't exist.  I suggest that Configure.pl should check for this and either work around it or fail with a recipe for repair.

I see no reason why Parrot would be looking for that directory.   We do look for an /opt/local so we can find libraries from MacPorts.

> ld: warning can't open dynamic library: /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib (checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

This looks like a bad copy of /opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib, not something from Parrot.  (Note the "referenced from" part.)  I'm guessing something went strange in MacPorts?

~~ benabik