threads branch: t/pmc/filehandle.t: test results differ between gcc and g++ builds

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Fri Sep 7 02:03:22 UTC 2012

On 9/6/12 9:09 PM, Andy Dougherty wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2012, James E Keenan wrote:
>

>> The problem I reported was on the threads branch.
>> 0cc54e6972ae830e7943a15c8db1e14fc9c3cb90 was applied to master.  So the gcc
>> vs. g++ discrepancy persists on the threads branch (where HEAD is
>> 5709835825a49733fd5180aaf35462e230d486ed).
>>
>> All gcc: error still present
>
> It should be ok; the same patch works on either branch -- master or
> threads.  You can either re-apply it, or merge from master or cherry pick
> it or whatever one usually does.

Yes, Reini merged origin/master into threads, which brought along your
patch.  And it appears to have done the trick:  On Linux/i386, I'm
getting equally good results on t/pmc/filehandle.t with either all-gcc
or all-g++ builds.

Tomorrow, I hope to find time to check this patch out on Darwin/x86_64,
about which I reported a problem yesterday in a separate thread.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan