Parrot 5.7.0 "Azure-rumped Parrot" Released!

Bruce Gray bruce.gray at acm.org
Wed Aug 21 06:21:21 UTC 2013

	Rock Concert Movement #237 - Taking the audience on a Jungian journey
	into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for
	the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona and also by
	using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent
	both the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our
	increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding
	satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.
	It's Time to Start!
		-- "Rock Concert Instruction Manual" Narrator, Blue Man Group

On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce Parrot 5.7.0, also known
as "Azure-rumped Parrot".  Parrot (http://parrot.org/) is a virtual machine aimed
at running all dynamic languages.

Parrot 5.7.0 is available on Parrot's FTP site
(ftp://ftp.parrot.org/pub/parrot/releases/devel/5.7.0/), or by following the
download instructions at http://parrot.org/download.  For those who would like
to develop on Parrot, or help develop Parrot itself, we recommend using Git to
retrieve the source code to get the latest and best Parrot code.

Parrot 5.7.0 News:
   - Build
       + Fixed GH#976 - Cannot load PCRE library during install on gentoo x64.
   - Community
       + All three of our GSoC students passed their midterms, and are
         on track to complete their Parrot and Perl 6 projects on time.
         Congratulations to Saurabh Kumar, Paweł Murias, and Denis Boyun!

The SHA256 message digests for the downloadable tarballs are:
0d07c210a8b90d368cde600351173b8c90a28d376379836ba36edf83acf7a21f parrot-5.7.0.tar.gz
73aacaecd81b7ef43689e9d23f641a690aabde524a2e60660d872dad82f7a337 parrot-5.7.0.tar.bz2

Many thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our sponsors
for supporting this project.  Our next scheduled release is 17 Sep 2013.

Enjoy!