Resurrection of whiteknight's eval_pmc branch

Gerhard R. gerd.r.devel at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 18 00:27:17 UTC 2013

Thanks for chiming in.

> I haven't looked at gerdr's particular patch. My original formulation
> was intended to be a drop-in replacement for the Eval PMC.

It's the same as yours, except that I added some stuff on top of it to
make it work mostly as before (in particular, the call to main_sub()
was moved into an additional stage invoked by HLL::Compiler.compile()
so no explicit call is necessary).

Pmichaud's issue is that in Perl6/World.pm, set_static_lexpad() was
called on the sub at index 0, whereas now it gets called on the main
sub (see https://github.com/gerdr/rakudo/commit/2a072ee9721a39a9e58ceb7c29c6c5882141b871#commitcomment-2637902
).

Incidentally, the same thing happens elsewhere as invoking the eval
PMC also used to call the sub at index 0, whereas now we call the main
sub again.

I haven't yet tracked down the code that makes this work, but as it
does, I assume it's there somewhere. Any pointers?

-- gerdr