RFC: Move build tools to Perl5, developer tools to Perl6

Gerhard R. gerd.r.devel at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 22 12:00:12 UTC 2013

> I personally prefer that we have a language that's closer to the VM than NQP but isn't PIR.  Winxed fills that niche quite well.

That might be the case right now, but I do not believe it will remain
so. The whole point of sixparrot is to optimize for and integrate more
closely with NQP. In particular, this means fixing the calling
convention and making the new system play nice with NQP's
multidispatcher.

This will leave Winxed hanging. If someone is willing to take on the
burden of porting Winxed to the new semantics, great. But frankly, I
don't see the point: If sixparrot is to succeed, the new language
that's close to the VM but isn't PIR will *be* NQP.

-- gerdr