Branch updates

Jonathan "Duke" Leto jonathan at leto.net
Thu Jan 3 06:23:03 UTC 2013

Howdy,

Thanks Reini! You have been a river of commits lately and that is much
appreciated.

[snip]

I don't see any recent updates to api.yaml, is there anything from your
recent branch merges that should be listed there?

I also fixed these tickets:
> * GH #906 errors in MANIFEST.generated
>   Thanks to fperrrad
> * GH #887, failing make testr with native_pbc
>   Thanks to jim keenan
> * GH #905 Do not add apple -Wno-long-double with custom --cc=
> * GH #902 Add callcontext.pmc to pmc.num
>   I kept the ticket open, if 53 is the best index for callcontext.

Awesome! I am seeing some movement on our issues lately and that makes me
happy.

[snip]

> rurban/pcre-dynext_libs-gh302
>   new dynext_dirs config entry, new ENV var PARROT_DYNEXT, new
> add_env_paths()
>   test in lib_search_path.t

It doesn't look like the new environment variables have any user-visible
documentation. I would prefer to defer merging until we have new some
documentation with examples of why and how our users would want to use
PARROT_DYNEXT.

[snip]

> !!! rurban/fix-gc-thr-gh880+gh875
>   GC should stop walking into another thread interp.
>   Someone should help me with this blocker. I also get work_list asserts,
>   and there's not even a threaded GC stress test yet.
>   Easy to repro: parrot -t7 and some threaded code.

Can you submit an issue with the simplest threaded code that exhibits this
bug when run with -t7 ? Also, if you have time, if you can create an issue
with a specification for what a threaded GS stress test should do, we might
be able to get you some help with that.

I agree that this is an important issue that I would really like to see
solved before 5.0.0 if possible. If you can braindump as much as you can
into a github issue, that would be helpful.

Duke

--
Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jonathan at leto.net>
Leto Labs LLC http://labs.leto.net