Configure.pl erroring out in gcc

Ashraya S theemeraldsoul at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 10:35:21 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am new to parrot. I pulled the parrot from git and I am trying to
configure it in windows 7.
I have installed strawberry perl and minGW. I have also added these to my
PATH.

But i get the following error :

C:\Users\ashiva\Documents\GitHub\parrot>perl Configure.pl
Parrot Version 5.5.0 Configure 2.0
Copyright (C) 2001-2013, Parrot Foundation.

Hello, I'm Configure. My job is to poke and prod your system to figure out
how to build Parrot. The process is completely automated, unless you passed
in
the `--ask' flag on the command line, in which case I'll prompt you for a
few
pieces of info.

Since you're running this program, you obviously have Perl 5--I'll be
pulling
some defaults from its configuration.

init::manifest -      Check
MANIFEST.....................................done.
init::defaults -      Set Configure's default
values.....................done.
init::install -       Set up installation
paths..........................done.
init::hints -         Load platform and local hints
inter::progs -        Determine what C compiler and linker to
use...Compilation
failed with 'gcc'

C:\Users\ashiva\Documents\GitHub\parrot>

Can anyone please help me ?

I really need to get this installed.

Thanks a lot, in advance,

--