GCC failed with configure.pl

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Tue Jul 23 16:24:12 UTC 2013

It sounds like you're trying to compile C code with parrot - Parrot is a
compiler for the languages PIR and PASM, and provides an interpreter to run
PBC (parrot bytecode).

You can compile C code that interoperates with parrot (using the
embed/extend interface), but you cannot use parrot to compile and run C
code by itself. For that, you'd use a tool like GCC.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Ashraya <theemeraldsoul at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Duke,
>
> Let me rephrase my question.
>
> For example, I write a simple perl file, hello.pl :
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> print "Hello World"
>
> To compile this, I use :  parrot perl6.pbc hello.pl
>
> The output is : Hello World
>
> Similarly, if I have a C file, hello.c :
>
> #include<stdio.h>
>
> int main()
> {
>     printf("Hello World\n");
>     return 0;
> }
>
> How would I compile this to get the output?
>
> Note : I downloaded the c99 package for parrot from github but I could not
> get this installed.
>
> Thanks & Regards,*
> Ashraya S Shiva*
>

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jonathan at leto.net>wrote:
>
>> Howdy Ashraya,
>>
>> I believe nobody is answering you because they don't quite understand
>> what you mean.
>>
>> Could you ask your question another way, and give some more background
>> about what you are trying to do?
>>
>> Duke
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Ashraya <theemeraldsoul at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > A gentle reminder.. Please reply. How to convert a C code into PIR code
>> ?
>> >
>> > Thanks & Regards,
>> > Ashraya S Shiva

>> jonathan at leto.net>