Parrot 5.5.0 "Salvadori's Fig Parrot" Released!

Bruce Gray bruce.gray at acm.org
Wed Jun 19 15:13:52 UTC 2013

On Jun 19, 2013, at 9:28 AM, Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:20:52AM -0400, David Golden wrote:
>> This is off topic for perl5-porters.

--snip--

> It had been in the Parrot release manager's guide to mail perl5-porters.
> Presumably it related to ponie, and never got changed.
>
> Anyway, the perl5-porters mailing list address was removed from the guide
> in the past month:
>
> commit f40728af7e183bf9c283647e154e884004a9c45e
> Author: Will "Coke" Coleda <will at coleda.com>

--snip--

> Does something else need updating?

Only my brain remains in pain^Wneed of updating; this was
due to two too-close-to-midnight errors on my part.

    1. I read every patch in detail, including Coke's f40728a change to
    the list of mailing lists, but only in the context of *public*
    relevance, i.e. what should be listed in the Changelog; I failed to
    notice its relevance to *me* for later in the release process.

    2. When preparing the announcement email, I took the shortcut of
    copying the Cc: line from my 5.4.0 announcement last month.

David and Nicholas, thank you both for your prompt and civil feedback
on this problem.

--
Bruce Gray (Util of PerlMonks)
Release Manager for Parrot 5.1.0 - 5.5.0