Rationale behind removal of DynLexPad dynpmc, OpenGL and SDL bindings

Allison Randal allison at parrot.org
Thu Mar 7 17:45:57 UTC 2013

On 03/07/2013 09:00 AM, Reini Urban wrote:

> if parrot throws away the ffi binding for no apparent reason, no single language
> besides rakudo will show interest.
> guaranteed.

This branch only cares about Rakudo.

> again technical concerns:
> our lexpad works, rakudos lexpad is broken with threads.

Parrot's threads are broken anyway and slow, so throw them away.

Look, the point here is to chuck old baggage, so we can focus on
*finishing* a good product for a single purpose. We don't get there by
clinging to every good idea anyone ever had for Parrot.

Allison