Rationale behind removal of DynLexPad dynpmc, OpenGL and SDL bindings

Moritz Lenz moritz at faui2k3.org
Fri Mar 8 08:40:13 UTC 2013

On 03/08/2013 03:15 AM, Allison Randal wrote:
> On 03/07/2013 05:58 PM, Jimmy Zhuo wrote:
>>
>> Parrot is not the god, customer is Parrot's god. If somebody thinks
>> Parrot is in the right way, and Rakudo is in the wrong way. you can
>> convince rakudo to the right way. If you can't, Parrot should goes into
>> the rakudo's way. Yes, this looks brutal, but, this is the market. Any
>> project which is losing touch with market is meaningless to maintain.
>
> What you say is the truth, but it's not the whole truth. Rakudo isn't
> the customer either. *Rakudo's customers* are the customer, and those
> are the real world users of the language. Which, BTW, Rakudo doesn't
> have any of yet, though the best candidates are current Perl 5 users.

It's simply not true that Rakudo doesn't have any real-world users. I
talk to some every week. There aren't very many, and there is a
significant overlap with the developers, but that doesn't stop some of
us from being real-world users of Rakudo.

So please stop spreading the nonsense about Rakudo not having real-world
users.

Cheers,
Moritz