t/pmc/filehandle.t t/pmc/io.t: test failures in master

Gerhard R. gerd.r.devel at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 24 12:48:27 UTC 2013

> The first appeared in commit 2dcc1f4d5a258b72767591c1665dfbdc5e1478a7 on Sun
> Mar 10.  13 days -- that's a long-time, as Parrot history goes, for tests in
> master to continue to fail on our most frequently tested platform
> (Linux/i386).  Moreover, I can't recall another time when we've missed our
> monthly release date by as much as four days.

Well, the situation was discussed in #parrotsketch two weeks ago. It's
just that no one acted on it.

Fixing io_read_encoded_string() and adding tests for the socket stuff
is still on my agenda, it'll just have to wait a bit longer than I
expected.

You're right that missing the release date is bad, but also keep in
mind that the only known parrot customer still builds with 4.10.0 by
default and there's not really happening a lot as far as Parrot
commits go.

> If we can't get these test failures fixed by Monday, then I would recommend
> reverting the series of commits merged in on March 11 so that we can get out
> a release and proceed afresh.  Please let me know if there's anything I can
> do to make that happen.

The release appears to be out. Someone still needs to update the
website, though.

Testing https://github.com/parrot/parrot/pull/944 would be appreciated...

-- gerdr